- A conveyor system is a common piece of mechanical handling equipment that moves materials from one location to another. Conveyors are especially useful in applications involving the transportation of heavy or bulky materials. Conveyor systems allow quick and efficient transportation for a wide variety of materials, which make them very popular in the material handling and packaging industries. Many kinds of conveying systems are available and are used according to the various needs of different industries.
- The smooth, continuous surface of a conveyor belt is ideal for many product handling applications.
- A conveyor belt is used to transport or convey particles, raw materials or finished products from one place to another.
- It consists of two end pulleys which are powdered by a motor to move the material on the belt forward. Belt conveyors are widely used in agriculture, transport and manufacturing units.
- These conveying systems are more successful and popular commercially rather than local or personal purpose.
- A number of machines are equipped with the conveying belt systems for ease of movement of materials and finished products.
- Conveyor belt ensure high level of efficiency in transporting products.
- Belt Conveyor can convey a wide range of materials with little modifications which makes them important equipment widely used in many industries.